Latest Covid-19 Information, General Terms & Recording
Please note that calls from landlines and mobiles are included in free call packages or charged at your suppliers local call rate. Calls may be recorded for training or monitoring purposes.
Please click here for our latest COVID-19 updates
Consumer Terms and Conditions for sale of goods
and provision of services
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before ordering any products from us. You should understand that by ordering any of our products, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. You should print a copy of these terms and conditions for future reference.
This contract sets out your legal rights and responsibilities, our legal rights and responsibilities and certain key information required by law. In this contract:
- We, us or our means Miele Company Limited; and
- You or your means the person buying products and/or services from us.
If you don't understand any of this contract and want to talk to us about it, please contact us by email or by telephone by the contact details at Section 1 below. We may record calls for quality and training purposes.
Information about us and how to contact us
1 We are Miele Company Limited, a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 00769014 and our registered office address is at Fairacres, Marcham Road, Abingdon, OX14 1TW. Our registered VAT number is 226947242.
2 You can contact us about a product, a service or a repair on:
2.1 by telephoning our customer service team on 0330 160 6600 (local rates apply from mobiles and landlines, and will be included if your phone tariff offers inclusive calls to landlines) – this line is open from Mondays to Fridays 8:00 am to 6:00 pm and Saturdays from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm (excluding Bank Holidays). Throughout the year, opening times may vary, please refer to our website – www.miele.co.uk - for further details.
2.2 via the link on at https://www.miele.co.uk/domestic/contact-form-2970.htm
2.3 by e‐mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2.4 if we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us.
2.5 when we use the words "writing" or "written" in these terms, this includes emails.
2.6 www.miele.co.uk is a website operated by us.
Data, Privacy, & Informations
1. We will only collect and use personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, email address and telephone number, for the purpose for which you provided the data or to give you news of our promotions and new products. Your personally identifiable data will only be used within the Miele group and by business partners who are commissioned by us to fulfil your request.
2. We adopt best practices and technologies to safeguard your personally identifiable information against loss, damage, corruption, manipulation, unauthorised access and unauthorised disclosure. If you have any questions regarding our Data Security please do not hesitate to contact our webmaster at email@example.com.
3. Cross-references or Hyperlinks on our websites may connect to Internet websites run by other companies. We cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for the content of such websites or their data security policies.
4. Every effort is made to ensure that all information, content and data shown on our website in relation to our products, services, news and promotions is accurate, up to date and complete. However due to continuous product improvement and other changing conditions, we reserve the right to make changes to products and technical data, and other website content without prior notice. We will treat all complaints relating to website information in a fair and reasonable way but ultimately will not be held responsible for any loss, inconvenience or action taken based on the information provided in good faith on our website.
5. The copyright in all text and images on our website belong to Miele Company Limited or its licensors. You may view, download and print for your own reference only and for circulation strictly within your own organisation, but may not modify or make any further use of or copy to any other person, or make any commercial use of whatsoever, without our specific written permission.
Terms and Conditions - Miele Service Certificates – 5 and 10 Years
- Our standard 2 year Guarantee is available on all domestic appliances and vacuum cleaners.
- The appliance that you have bought is of excellent quality and construction. However, we will correct, free of charge, any defects in material or workmanship for a period of 2 years (the Guarantee), subject to these terms and conditions.
- From time to time, for certain products bought during limited periods, we may offer 5 or 10 year warranties instead of the standard 2 year Guarantees free of charge. Where a 5 or 10 year warranty is offered this extends the standard period of cover by 3 and 8 years respectively.
- If a promotion is running that you would like to participate in, you have 28 days from your purchase date to claim for extended warranty.
- To qualify for the promotional warranty you must register your appliance within 28 days of purchase using the online form at www.miele.co.uk/promotions. You will be requested to complete your details and to send us a copy of your proof of purchase.
- On receipt of your proof of purchase we will check the details you have provided including that your product is eligible for the promotional warranty, you have applied for as shown at www.miele.co.uk/promotions and that it has been purchased within the promotional period. You will then be issued with a Miele Service Certificate in your name. Please allow up to 60 days for your certificate to arrive before contacting us.
- If you have applied for this warranty online, you will be covered by this warranty once you have received the ‘claim approval’ email approving your claim. If you have any queries in the meantime, please contact us for further assistance.
Conditions - The Guarantee and subsequent Miele Service Certificate:
- Take effect from the time the goods are delivered.
- Apply only to machines purchased from an authorised specialist retailer or directly from Miele in an EU country, the United Kingdom, Switzerland or Norway.
- Excludes appliances sold as part of contract developments, auctions or rental agreements.
- Are non-transferable and in the event of a change of ownership, will not be valid unless we have given written approval.
- The services within the framework of the Extended Warranty will only be provided within the EU, the United Kingdom, Switzerland and Norway.
- Do not confer any rights other than those expressly set out below and do not cover any costs arising from you not being able to use your appliance.
- Are offered as an extra benefit and do not affect your statutory rights relating to the quality of any purchase or the way it was described. For further information on your statutory rights contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
- Are governed by and in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Each party submits to the jurisdiction of the English Courts, except that, if you live in Scotland, you can submit to either the Scottish or the English courts.
- Requires proof of purchase with application.
- In addition to the correction of defects in material or workmanship during the contract period and subject to the exclusions set out at paragraph 1.7 below, we agree to bear the cost the complete cost of repair including parts and labour.
- If in our opinion an appliance is beyond economic repair, we reserve the right at our sole discretion to provide you with a new appliance of equivalent specification or pay a contribution to a new Miele appliance.
- Any parts removed from an appliance during a repair become our property.
- From the appliance delivery date, we grant to you a two-year manufacturer’s guarantee. The extended cover takes effect directly after this manufacturer’s guarantee ends and is valid for a further 3 years or 8 years depending upon the offer.
- If we replace the appliance, the remaining years of the original Guarantee and/or Service Certificate will be transferred to the new appliance. It will stay in place for the other appliances registered under that Miele Service Certificate.
- We may, at our discretion, offer to renew the Miele Service Certificate upon expiry.
- We will not bear costs for repairs where appliance breakdown is due to the following:
- Non-compliance with safety regulations and warnings given in the operating instructions.
- Faults caused by the user through operating errors or lack of care and maintenance.
- Non-domestic, inappropriate and/or commercial use.
- Use that extends 1,000 hours for vacuum cleaners or 10,000 operating hours for other appliances.
- Intentional or accidental damage by the owner or third parties.
- Incorrect installation.
- Faulty repairs or repairs carried out by parties other than us or an authorised agent of ours.
- External influences (e.g. weather, transit damage).
- Replacement parts subject to wear and tear (e.g. filters), or parts which should be maintained and cleaned by you as indicated in the operating instructions (e.g. filters, washing machine door seals or the Hybrid Vacuum Cleaner battery).
- Glass breakage and defective light bulbs.
- Visual blemishes such as marks and dents.
- Use of non-approved spare parts and accessories, care products, dust bags or spare parts.
- Damage to accessories.
- We will only bear repair costs carried out by our network of service technicians or an authorised agent. If, during a service visit, no fault can be found for which we are responsible according to the Miele Service Certificate Terms and Conditions, you will be invoiced with call-out charges, and labour costs of 60 minutes in accordance with our current standard rates.
- Coffee machines are not eligible for this offer.
We shall not be liable for loss of goods, loss of use, losses arising from you being unable to use your appliance or any special, indirect, consequential or pure economic loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses. This does not apply to any liability we are not allowed to exclude by law such as death or personal injury resulting from negligence on our part, or for any damage incurred as a result of fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation by us.
Customer Contact Centre
- Please call the Miele Customer Contact Centre for advice on solving problems and, if necessary, to arrange a suitable time for a service visit. The Miele Customer Contact Centre can be contacted Monday – Fridays between 8:00 am and 6:00 pm (excluding Bank Holidays) and Saturdays between 9:00 am and 2:00 pm on the following number 0330 160 6600. Throughout the year, opening times may vary, please refer to our website – www.miele.co.uk - for further details.
- Calls cost the basic rate per minute plus your phone company's access charge. Calls may be recorded and monitored for quality and training purposes.
- In the event that there is a need for repairs after the first year, you are obliged to produce the Miele Service Certificate issued in your name for the appliance to be repaired.
Personal data will only be used for the purpose of fulfilling commitments regarding the contract and in full compliance with the data protection legislation.
- You may cancel your extended warranty at any time by giving notice in writing to Miele Company Limited, Fairacres, Marcham Road, Abingdon, OX14 1TW.
- To receive a full refund on warranties which have been purchased you must cancel within 14 days of receiving your service certificate. A full refund will only be given where no claim has been made under the warranty.
How to contact Domestic & General or complain
- Call the Customer Service Department on 0330 160 6640, open 24-hours a day;
- Write to the Customer Care Manager at Domestic & General Services Limited/Miele Guarantee Department, Leicester House, 17 Leicester Street, Bedworth, Warwickshire CV12 8JP;
- Email Domestic & General by clicking on 'contact us' on www.domesticandgeneral.com.
If you are not satisfied with any of the services provided or the way in which discretion has been exercised, you can ask for your case to be reviewed by Domestic & General and a final decision will be made on behalf of the Managing Director.
If you have any queries regarding your guarantee registration or Miele Service Certificate, please contact the Miele Service Certificate team on 0330 160 6640 or write to us at Miele Service Certificate, Leicester House, 17 Leicester Street, Bedworth, Warwickshire, CV12 8JP.